Planned activities for residents in the district are listed by domain as follows:
1. Oral traditions and expressions: Wai Tau Dialect Interactive Classroom
2. Performing arts: Cantonese Opera Demonstration Performance
3. Social practices, rituals and festive events: On-site Festivals and Rituals Guided Tours
4. Knowledge and practices concerning nature and the universe: On-site Making of
5. Traditional craftsmanship: Paper Crafting Technique Workshops
The NGO would maintain a Facebook page as an online platform fostering
communication between ICH bearers, bearer organizations, and other district
stakeholders for the collaborative development of ICH.
The NGO would finally publish a guide booklet with an illustrated map of ICH
elements in the district for long-lasting promotion.
With the above package, the NGO integrates various ICH resources, empowers ICH
bearers and bearer organizations, and foster interaction between residents and ICH
bearers for sustainable development of ICH in the Yuen Long district. Being
empowered by the NGO, ICH bearers and bearer organizations would continue
transmission on their own with more participation from the residents in the same
district. This holistic development model of community-based ICH would be a
valuable reference for other districts in Hong Kong.